Are you stuck in search to know what is the best pool vacuum above ground to buy? Above ground pool vacuuming machine is an essential device for every pool owner to have if you’re to maintain a sparkling pool. You will enjoy a healthy pool after pool efficiently trap all dirt and debris from your pool. Read this guide to choose a suitable model for your needs for your best above ground pool.
Pool Vacuum Above Ground Reviews: 8 Top-rated Models
The following is list of 8 best-selling pool vacuums on the market in 2020, please continue reading.
1. Dolphin Nautilus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Dual Filter Cartridges
This Dolphin Nautilus pool vacuuming machine comes with a CleverClean system for scanning the pool and utilizes the innovative algorithms to clean the swimming pool side walls and floor. The featured double scrubbing brushes enhance the cleaning capabilities of this machine. Extreme large bottom-load cartridge filters work collaboratively with the powerful suction to suck fine debris and leaves to leave your pool very clean within three hours. This cleaner has a tangling-free ergonomic swiveling cord to ease its movement around the pool. It is energy efficient and doesn’t depend on a booster pump or hose to work.
- Features Clever Clean technology
- Has spacious bottom-load filter cartridge
- Dual scrubbing brushes for efficient cleaning
- It consumes minimal energy
- The tread can break at any time
2. Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid Robotic Swimming Pool Cleaner
You can give this Aquabot a trial if you’re searching for a robotic cleaner that can clean up to 5400 square feet per hour. It takes Aquabot more than an hour to finish cleaning the floor of a 24ft diameter swimming pool with its powerful jetted propelled system. This model has eye-catching extra-wide wheels to roll over any hindrances and conquer obstacles. It works with an adequate guidance system, which enables it to clean all types of swimming pools. Aquabot will touch every hard to reach areas without scratching the pool bottom.
- Removes both small and medium-sized debris
- Features extra-wide wheels
- This model cleans 24 diameter pool within an hour
- Easy to set up guidance system
- The debris container is difficult to clean
3. Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner for Above Ground Swimming Pools
This item is specially designed for every Intex swimming pool to carry out automatic vacuuming of the whole swimming pool ground for proper maintenance. This model features a complete 24 feet hose that is easy to affix in the inlet connector with 1 ½ inch. This cleaner functions well with Intex above ground pools and a flow rate of 1600 to 3500 gallons per hour. Once you buy this item, you will be delighted with its excellent cleaning performance.
- Feature hoses that can be attached to the inlet
- Made from high-grade materials
- Carry out automatic cleaning of the pool
- Perfect for above ground pools
- This item does not support in-ground pools
4. Water Tech Pool Blaster Catfish Li Swimming Pool & Spa Cleaner
Keep your pool water free from debris with this Water Tech automatic cleaner; it can clean 33 GPM and work independently from the pool filter system. This compact pool cleaning machine is lightweight and straightforward to use. You can connect it to the telescopic pole that you need to buy separately for extended reach out. This model can clean all types of surfaces without the need for added pumps. It comes with a rechargeable battery and recyclable filter container. Powerful enough to remove disease-causing germs, leaves, and sand.
- Features durable battery
- It can be used by or attaching it to telescopic poles
- A single charge runs for 45 minutes
- No need for an additional pump or messy hose
- The telescopic pole is not included
5. Dolphin Escape Automatic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
This cleaner is equipped with an excellent scrubbing brush to offer outstanding cleaning. This Dolphin Escape features low voltage DC motors that operate on a smaller percentage of power (90%) than the old cleaners. Although other cleaners can utilize an extreme 1800 watts, Dolphin Escape uses only 180 watts, which is approximately 5 cents per hour. This model comes with a large accessible filter cartridge to handle different sizes of debris. Dolphin Escape is engineered with smart navigation and scanning technology that utilizes advanced algorithms for ensuring efficient cleaning.
- Comes with advanced rubber track to avoid slippage
- Durable DC motors
- Features large and accessible top load filter
- Has smart navigation and scanning technology
- The product devoid ultrafine filter
6. Hayward W900 Wanda The Whale Automatic Pool Cleaner
Hayward Wanda the Whale is strongly engineered to sanitize the pool bottom of different size and shapes. This model has a pre-programmed patented Smart Drive mechanism for quick steering and efficient cleaning. This item works separately from the pool’s existing filtration system and can be attached directly to the skimmer. It has 32ft of a hose and can be installed within ten minutes without any technical tools. The featured turbine system aids Wanda the Whale’s movement underwater while improving water dispensation by pulling it up while on the move.
- Does not need an energy-consuming booster pump
- Trouble and hassle-free operation
- Features gearing system
- Easy to install within ten minutes
- The product can stop working at anytime
7. Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly E-Z Vac Suction-Side Above Ground Pool Cleaner
The Pentair Kreepy Krauly is a well-built cleaner equipped with a durable hydraulic design for efficient and optimum operations. This pool vacuum is a popular product because of its efficiency and ease of usage. This model requires no adequate maintenance and can operate independently with little monitoring. The operation technique enables this item to be used for cleaning every size and type of pool. It requires a pool skimmer and pumps to functions. Almost everything about this product speaks of comfort and efficiency.
- Works perfectly in any size and shape of pools
- Has no moving parts
- Features automatic water regulator valve
- Random pattern coverage for a thorough vacuuming
- It is a bit noisy
8. Aura 6250 Paradise Power Spa & Pool Vacuum
The aluminum telescopic pole of Paradise Spa vacuum can be extended up to seven feet. It is the most comfortable cleaning agent for removing debris and dirt from your spa. This item does not depend on hoses, batteries, or any convoluted hookups to work. However, Paradise vacuum utilizes simple siphon jetted action to eliminate debris from your spa. This fantastic cleaner is an excellent addition to your swimming pool gadgets. This model has easy to use basic design to enable you to clean your spa thoroughly and effectively.
- Requires no battery or hose to work
- The telescopic pole can be extended to 7ft
- Easy to use design
- Utilizes simple siphon action to remove dirt
- May not last long
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to use pool vacuum above ground?
A: The following is the step to follow to use a pool vacuum above ground:
- Place the vacuum head on one end of the telescopic rod.
- Connect one end of the suction pipe to the vacuum head.
- Hold the wand in your hand, lower the vacuum cleaner’s head into the pool, and ensure that the opposite end of your hose is not in the swimming pool.
- Find the skimmer filter on the side of the pool and connect the free end of the pipe to the water inlet.
- Turn the filter nozzle to suction mode.
- Now push the head of the vacuum cleaner with the stick to the bottom of the pool.
- Disconnect the filter hose after you finish vacuuming the entire pool
Q: How to hook up pool vacuum above ground?
- Ensure you have a long garden hose
- Insert one of the two telescopic poles at the end with the second one and swivel it together
- Align the pole with the suction head to allow you to see the spring
- Blend the tip of plastic with the spring for you to see the shaft entering the head and after pole enters, attach and tie one debris bag to the vacuum head.
- Attach a hose adapter nozzle to the opposite end of the vacuum head and ensure you clip the garden hose to the telescopic pole
- Properly adjust the water output pressure.
- Hold the suction head on the pool ground and move it around the floor to clean dirt.
Q: How to vacuum an above ground pool with sand filter?
A: Follow the below process to vacuum your above ground pool filter with sand:
- Connect the vacuum cleaner to the garden hose according to the instructions and let the vacuum cleaner start processing.
- After vacuuming, pull the cleaner back and forth in a sweeping motion, as when cleaning the floor.
- Overlapping lines help keep the pool free of dirt.
- Redo that sweeping motion to make sure that your swimming pool floors have been vacuumed completely
- At this point, the pool would be clean and ready for use.
Q: How to vacuum algae out of above ground pool?
A: To vacuum algae out of your above ground pool, make sure you utilize a cartridge you can dispose of when you complete the process. Start the vacuuming as usual, but if the dead algae are bypassing the filter and blowback into the swimming pool, your filter requires adequate cleaning before you can proceed. After you’ve completed the vacuuming and replace your pool water, restart the system to avoid pumping algae back into your pool.
This article consists of all the best pool vacuum above ground. Key specifications and overview are listed for each of the reviewed products. To procure easy to use and long-lasting models follow our guides so that you can get the best one that suits your demand. Mind you above ground pools requires smaller cleaner than its in-ground counterpart.